• The Last Kiss Soundtrack
    Various Artist

    I haven't seen the movie but I did get the soundtrack. I'll give the soundtrack the same review I've been hearing from others on the movie, it's a bit disappointing coming from Zach Braff.

  • Snow Patrol
    Eyes Open

    This is a pretty good CD but it's one that I really liked at first and has now just fizzled out a bit. All and all a good purchase though.

  • The Fray
    How to Save a Live

    I've had this CD for awhile (and loved it) and just never got around to posting anything about it. I'm sure most all of you have it but for those who don't I think it's the best CD to come out in a few years.

  • 1776
    David McCullough

    I just started reading this book about a week ago and have really enjoyed it so far. McCullough really makes history feel alive with his great story writing style and I haven't felt so patriotic in a long time

  • Mr Jones' Rules for the Modern Man
    Dylan Jones

    Let me just start out by saying there is some definite content issues with this book that I wouldn't recommend. With that said, the author has some great advice and wit to the modern man (I purchased this in the UK so this is definitely for the modern Euro man). If you steer clear of some content, it's a great tip book on everything from how to write a thank you letter to how to conquer karaoke.

  • The Unknown Story: Mao
    Jung Chang

    Time magazine calls this book "an atom bomb of a book." It estimates that 70 million Chinese perished under Mao's rule which, if true, would make him one of the harshest dictators the world has ever seen.
  • www.flickr.com
    Locations of visitors to this page
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: The Land of Enchantment

    Monday, July 31, 2006

    B-Ball

    Tonight, I went out to some courts that were just built to play a pick-up game of basketball! It was a great time and after the first bit where I was playing mostly with junior high kids some guys my age finally came out to play. It was a lot of fun other than the fact that the goals were shortened and everyone was trying to dunk constantly. I was guarding a pretty big guy and although he was pretty good, he called fouls if anyone remotely touched him (too much soccer I think). Well I had got to know him a bit and he called another foul so I asked him if he wanted to play basketball like a little girl or a man (it was obvious this was a joke and not some sort of threat). He cracked up and quite calling so many fouls and wants me to come back and play again. While playing was a great time and I'm looking forward to doing it again, I'm mostly just glad that the whole little girl comment translated well and didn't start some international incident.

    Comments on "B-Ball"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

    Are you saying that some North Africans are babies when they play sports? Josh, I'm shocked! :-)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

    He was laughing probably cuz he thought you were a little girl, mariposa! ;)

     

    Blogger Erickson Family said ... (9:11 AM) : 

    Actually, that's why he wants you to come back, he's going to bring some of his boys with him and show what being a little girl is all about! Ha!

     

    Blogger josue1982 said ... (12:41 PM) : 

    Alright, to start out with I would never call North African's babies when they play sports, I would only call them that when there's a remote possiblity of having a foul called while playing sports (floppers). Drew, to you I say shut it mariposa! And Kyle, I of course remember the story, it's not an easy one to forget (crazy Yemen kids). By the way, I went back to play tonight and there was no gang waiting for me so I think I'm in the clear; unless they're trying lure me in for a midnight game sometime and then the hammer will fall. Only time will tell.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

    I see you're complaining about the refs, even when there are no refs.

     

    Blogger julie said ... (5:39 AM) : 

    ya know, some girls actually know how to play basketball--and really, you do commit some legitimate fouls from time to time.

     

    Blogger William Laing said ... (11:39 PM) : 

    wow josh, that sounds like a genuine 'Will' comment. you know the kind... when its said everyone else holds their breath. nice to see that it worked out. and in joshs defense, if their is anyone who knows what a foul is, its josh. and its also true, girls cant play basketball... or was that even being debated? oh well.

     

    post a comment